Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Use it Tuesday challenge #39


It is the 2th Tuesday of the month, so it is time for another challenge at Use it Tuesday!

The challenge is: Anything goes!  So anything you come up with is ok, it can be an old collection or a technique that you haven't used for a while.

***REMEMBER: All of our challenges call for you to use your hoarded supplies! A challenge requirement is to tell us in your post what you used!***

I chose to use a stamping technique. I have lots of stamps but don't use them that often. For this card I did a resist stamping technique with versamark. I learned this one at an online class by Jennifer McGuire.


A little tutorial how I stamped the glossy paper: I used the Hero Arts Large Lotus Cling stamp and inked it with Versamark. Then I inked a Reflection script stamp by Tim Holtz with walnut stain distress ink and stamped this one on the Large Lotus stamp. Yes that's rigth, you stamp one stamp on another one :-) Then you stamp the Large Lotus stamp on the glossy paper. Dry the glossy paper with a heatgun. When it is completely dry, rub a distress ink pad (I used Victorian Velvet) all over the glossy paper and wipe it quickly off with a paper towel and there it is :-)

I used a white card by Hero Arts and embossed it. On top of that I placed a piece of kraft cardstock and on top of that the stamped piece of glossy paper. I made the sentiment with my Cameo and the buttons and twine came out of my stash.

Please link your creation using Inlinkz by Friday September 21st on the Use it Tuesday blog. Please make sure to mention you are playing along with a Use it Tuesday challenge (a link is great too!) so we know you are participating.
As always, one lucky participant will be randomly chosen to be a featured guest designer in an upcoming challenge!

Have a look at Use it Tuesday to see what the other DT members created and please leave them some love!

I'm also entering this card for the following challenges:
My Mums Craft Shop - Anything goes!
Simon says stamp - Put a stamp on it!
Make it Monday - Anything goes!
Stamp and Create - Anything goes!
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything goes!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

23 comments:

  1. LOVE how you used the stamp, that could quiet easily be pattern paper, unless you said, but this is a very gd idea & i love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just just so gorgeous! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaf hoor! Leuk die stempeltechniek, het zou inderdaad zomaar designpapier kunnen zijn. Leuk afgewerkt ook. Fijn hè, die Cameo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Sarah said, I thought it was a pp at first.
    Seriously awesome!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, tof idee om het negatief te gebruiken. moet ik onthouden. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love the pennant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kissing came out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, and good luck, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Danielle :-) Fabulous stamping and design ,, stunning ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, this is SO pretty! I love it so much! The colour palette and all the little details are perfect together! Thanks for sharing the technique-I've got to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! great use of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and I love all the different textures and techniques you used on this one!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another card! And a great one too. Very cool technique. I think I'll have to try it. Love the colors in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool technique. I should try alittle more stamping because you make it look so good

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great card without any images! The sentiment has such a nice effect, with the letters being cut out. Nice papers and colors too! Spotted your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Danielle, love the pink white and craft combo, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card!! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a gorgeous card ,love the design and pretty papers
    thanks so much for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I.LOVE.YOUR.WORD.NEGATIVE. PERIOD!!! lmao

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty card. So gorgeous design. The sentiment has such a nice effect, with the letters being cut out. I appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.

    ReplyDelete